Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Next New Thing

A new type of new media that I think will be a good idea can be a website where people can teach other students about anything they want. It would consist of uploading an instructional video. The idea is to build a community that promotes helping others learn. It can be like a ""How to Cook" video or even a "How to do Math or Science" lesson on video. It's a website specifically designed for learning. People who have trouble reading can benefit from this. Also visual learning may work better for a lot of people. You can comment on the videos. I think it would be pretty popular. It's a great way to receive free information and make new friends.

5 comments:

  1. I website dedicated to this would be great. I feel this way because this can be a one stop shop to get all the instruction videos you want. This is also good because I feel it's easier to learn and follow along when you are watching what others are doing rather than just reading it; this is because reading may lead to misinterpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea. If we can learn from each other from a website instead of face to face meeting, that saves us a lot of time from traveling back and forth. I had similar experience about learning how to make Tiramisu from YouTude. I made it and it tasted good ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a good idea!! Education costs too much for me as an international student. If someone who has so much passion to learn, there should be a way for him to do so. It is so sad if I could not study in US because of my financial reason....But if there is such website, it helps a lot of people to improve!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what chihiro said money should not come in the way of a persons oppurtunity for education. This is a great idea. This allow students to learn at their own pace. Having one place specifically designed for "How to Videos" and Classes will allow students to pause, play and repeat something we can do in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This idea would definitely help us as a student. I think visual learning does help people to understand more about the subject. We can be more practical on the subject , not only theories. Hopefully, we can see some tutorial video in Baruch's website for us in next few years.

    ReplyDelete